Tuesday, March 12, 2019

TED Talk Tuesday

Afternoon, Lovelies -

Last TED Talk of the six weeks.  Woo hoo!  58 more school days.  How is that even possible when it feels like I just printed out rosters for the classes and you were all just a bunch of names? Wow.  At any rate, access the TED Talk HERE.

I think Daniel Pink argues some interesting claims and I mostly enjoy his perspective because I struggle daily with motivation - whether it be avoiding the snooze button on my alarm or eating food that is healthy for me, even motivating myself to write every day and practice gratitude.  It ain't easy. I also struggle daily with my participation in a system that is obviously (based on feedback today) not working for a lot of you.  I think J put it best in my period 2 - students are the products, teachers are the workers. 

Be sure to rewatch the TED Talk and take some quality notes.

In terms of discussion for tomorrow, just show up having read the book.  Do come with at least one thing/issue you found interesting/discussion worthy.  Let's start there.

See y'all tomorrow (or not).

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "Love on Top" Beyonce

1 comment:

  1. Ready to see what the discussion will bring! -Bryce Alvar

    ReplyDelete