Thursday, August 30, 2018

This Is Water

Dear Lovelies,

Thank you for the attention and focus (and dare I say, fun) today.  Your job as my student is to rewatch David Foster Wallace's This Is Water.  If for some reason the hyperlink doesn't work, just google it. 

As you're rewatching, take better notes and fill out the Rhetorical Triangle.  Specifically including "Subject" and "Purpose". 

After that, please answer the question: How Do You See?  I explained the expectations in class which basically said anything goes as long as there's NO SPIRAL EDGES.  They hurt my heart.

Tomorrow (with the exception of Period 4) you will be given the chance to present your response.  Woot woot.

Period 4:  Y'all meet me in the Big Gym for the Assembly.  I'll take attendance there so make sure I see you.  Your work should be turned into the class tray before the end of 5th period.  Thanks in advance.

If we ever have extra time at the end of class, here's the Priority List of What I Expect You To Do:
1.  Talk to people in REAL LIFE.  Maybe even people you don't really know.
2.  Finish up any work you happen to have.
3.  Read (your book list will go live next Thursday!!!)

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song: "I'm Still Standing" Elton John

5 comments:

  1. I remember watching this Ted Talk for the first time. I was mind blown to think about how much we live on autopilot and never care to "put ourselves in other peoples' shoes and walk a mile".

    ReplyDelete
  2. this will NEVER stop being relevant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'M STILL STANDING WAS MY FAVORITE SONG WE DANCED TO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tweaked when I saw that that was the song you danced to

    ReplyDelete