Monday, November 14, 2016

Today's Shiny Pennies

Have you ever seen a shiny penny?  Just glistening in the sun, copper glinting and catching your eye?  A few of you today were my "shiny pennies" - catching not only my eye but my heart.  I don't ever feel comfortable using your actual names because people who aren't in this class read the blog but I can't go to sleep tonight without acknowledging some of the beauty I witnessed today.

Even though we "just" worked on an analysis prompt, I did see CH in period 2 be the kind of leader I want my girls to be - one who takes chances and includes.  I saw EM in period 3 be the kind of friend I wish we all had, and I saw CS literally extend herself to another.  And to hear I and L read and not give up...hearts of warriors, not worriers. Then CC and WH and their EPIC DANCE MOVES.  Geez Louise.

Then period 4 strolled on in and the pancakes brought it.  When we went to the "thrift shop", it got even better and when LK read out loud.. Heart...EXPLOSIONS. (Shout outs to the rest of you who read aloud as well.)

What to say about Period 5?  JK who "crossed the swamp".  THANK YOU!!!!

And period 6:  The kick dance.  #lot

Tomorrow is TED Talk Tuesday so be ready to open your minds...and don't forget, 35 Post-It Notes for class on Thursday!!!!!!

xoxo

Daily Journal:  In what ways (if any) can you relate to Meena Alexander's sense of a "fractured" self?

No comments:

Post a Comment