Friday, November 4, 2016

Flu Shots and the Park

Sorry this post is a bit later than usual. The fam bam and I had to go get our flu shots and that led us to the park. Apparently the littles have some mad upper body strength. Didn't get that from me...

At any rate, today's SAS was amazing. I really did enjoy learning from those of you who presented. Always a good time. Period 2 got us rolling and to end with a sing along in period 6...well, that's the cherry on top of the sundae (that I wouldn't eat).

I guess I just want to say thank you. Last school year was not easy or tons of fun for me and I am slowly but surely being reminded that this year is a whole different ballgame. I appreciate your hard work, your effort, your emails, your thoughtful presentations, your presence that adds a light to my daily existence. Even the most reluctant among you presents yourself as kind and observant. I'm not used to that. I'm not used to students cheering each other on, not used to seeing class colors on spirit day, not used to looking forward to each bell so that I can see you, you AND you.

I've laughed more these first few months together than I did all last school year. #truthtea

So...here are your reminders: t-chart on Keegan's essay and reading/understanding of the Brain Pickings article I linked for Monday.

And as a thank you, your other weekend homework is to sleep when you're tired, eat when you're hungry and do something that makes your heart happy. Daily Journals will return on Monday. Take some time to just be. You've earned it.

See y'all Monday.

Love and light and gratitude. I think I've fallen in love.
Beltran

No comments:

Post a Comment