Monday, May 11, 2015

Journals and Juicy Bits

So much to say...First off, who gave me those delicious avocados??  Please tell me.  :)

Secondly, here is the Study Guide again.  Remember that the only issue is the multiple choice - the guide says to skip questions.  Don't do that!  Guess if you need to.

Next, journals are due tomorrow at the beginning of class.  I'll collect them as entrance slips.  If you have an actual journal (like a bound book or spiral, bring that and if you have been typing on a google doc, then print that out, staple it and bring a hard copy).  You should have 36.  I'll be reading them on Wednesday as you test.

And finally, links below to the juicy bits I complied from your classmates' presentations.  (Thanks to CV, EM, AH, EM, PD and S for sharing great stuff!) Check it out if you want.

- Kinda Rascist
- The Race Card Project
- Story Corps
- Soul Pancake
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Larry Wilmore
- Brain Pickings

xoxo

P.S. - My best advice for Wednesday:  dark blue pen, a watch, and a good snack.  For tonight, review TED Talks, and for tomorrow night, review the Study Guide I linked above - particularly the essay sections.  Nothing else really you can do.  I think the argument prompt will be one on ethics of some sorts...I have no reason to think that though.  And the Rhetorical Analysis will likely be something difficult to read but remember that context matters so pay attention to the info at the top of the prompt.


6 comments:

  1. I checked and I only have 9 pages of printer paper left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There is no 'what if,' there is just 'do.' "
    -Jason Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount of journals being printed out was probably once a whole tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone else gave you avocados? Awsome!

    ReplyDelete