Saturday, September 28, 2013

To You

Dear You,
I saw your little brother today, literally yelled him name as he walked down Newport, and his sweet smile made me think of you. Such a reminder of who I used to be in my high school days - fulfilling a role I thought I had to play, hanging on to people and friendships because it was what I did - a "creature of habit".

As I raise my own two little warriors in a world saturated with a lot of opinions and not enough thought, I think of how I feel like a mother to you as well.  Wanting to protect, love, nurture, guide, and teach.

But at the end of the day, you're going to be just fine.  Authentic, vulnerable, and covered, my friend, in stretch marks.

Adore you.

Xoxo,
Beltran

AND TO MY APES:  what are you doing this weekend?  Figuring out what types of sentences are out there? Reading the new issue of Time - delish, by the way?  Drinking sweet tea and saving hummingbirds? (I heart you Little Sid e.e. Sunhillow). Reading?  Writing?  Dancing?  I'll see y'all soon and we will just keep on learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment