Sunday, May 21, 2017

Want a Headstart??

Happy Sunday, almost seniors.  :)

I hope you're having a glorious weekend.  Can you believe we only have 13 days of school until finals start?  WOW.  When I realized that, I hopped on here to post some of the information you're going to want to look at this week as we start our College Project.

Remember, I'm sharing all of this to help you - not because I am applying to college.  You are.  And if you're not careful, you'll wake up and BOOM.  Senior year.

So, check out the following:


Also, for class this week you will need your 3 ring binder, a place to takes lots of notes, dividers and clear sheet protectors.  

And for those of you planners out there, here's the schedule and general rundown for the week:

  • Monday (BLOCK 1, 3, 5) - Intro to project, reading articles, personal assessments, Naviance, resumes, letter of rec cover letters, computer time
  • Tuesday (BLOCK 2, 4, 6) - Intro to project, reading articles, personal assessments, Naviance, resumes, letter of rec cover letter, computer time
  • Wednesday (regular schedule) - Applying to PLHS scholarships
  • Thursday (regular schedule BUT Periods 5 & 6, we will be attending the Finals of the Poetry Slam!) - finishing up the week's work
**The following week, 5/31 is Odd Block Schedule and 6/1 is Even Block Schedule and we will be writing Personal Statements.  That Friday, June 2nd in periods 3 & 4, we will have a guest speaker.  Those of you who asked to be invited from my other classes will get passes from me.  :)

Enjoy the rest of you day!

Love and Light,
Beltran

20 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all your help! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time flies when you are having fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the help Beltran, we're going to need it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna be an awesome couple of weeks, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm going to have to have my own dance parties over summer ):

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13 days left... oh my, where did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!
    I'm already drowning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for helping us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely needed this, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great- thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for senior year. I will miss all the dance parties,SAS, and the create something projects

    ReplyDelete