Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Second Post of the Day

Our time together is winding down - for some, that is absolute joy and for others, not such good news.  "You've changed my life..." versus "She's such a *%$#@...".  The craziest thing about spending nine months in each others' orbits is that the same events can occur but the experience is different.  Room 853 is what it is and you got out of it whatever you put in...Amazing how that works.  Sorta like life.

At any rate, these are just my random thoughts as I "brain dump" onto the blog while y'all type away at college stuff (or other stuff...I'm always watching).  Random things happened today - I have some pudding (well, my version of pudding - vegan, chocolatey, delicious) and I learned that you can make quesadillas with corn tortillas?  Whaaat?  I have new Dark Horse ground coffee in my backpack and LD gave me a strawberry.  We sang to CK and sand was found near CO.  Bizarre.  But despite all that, I just have these two words swirling on repeat in my mind: metta and maitri.

Metta.

Maitri.

Metta.

Maitri.

Any of y'all know what those words mean?

Here's some more: mudita, upeksha, karuna.  Always karuna.

Anyhoo, time to stop blathering...7 more school daze until FINALS.

xoxo


27 comments:

  1. The first day feels like just yesterday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not be fluent in sanskrit yet but I sure know what a ramekin is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same important principles always appear in different cultures *cough cough* cold showers people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry the coughing was from pneumonia, total coincidence

      Delete
  4. The Dharma Bums new temple is my neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Sanskrit! I hope your chakras are feeling aligned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1-uj0ToVY&ab_channel=AsapSCIENCE College???

    ReplyDelete
  7. See you tomorrow Mrs. Beltran

    ReplyDelete
  8. We should all practice meditation tbh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whatever I put in is what I get out. This will be a quote I live by now. I need to remeber this when I'm with... well Beltran knows who.

    ReplyDelete
  10. S/o to tomslittlelover!! Let's get down to business...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sand, missing flip-flops and vegan pudding. Oh, and did someone say scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Upekkhā ācariya- its Elton John for God's sake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Time flies like airplanes, very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sanskrit and Breathing go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well if we all experience it differently how do we know it's the same event?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trader Joe's got nothing on you, Beltran!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Out of the words you gave , I keep thinking of vegan chocolate pudding

    ReplyDelete
  18. The ride has been great, albeit a bumpy one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The opposite of Schadenfreude

    ReplyDelete