Monday, March 16, 2015

The Week

There's pneumonia at my house - the littlest little came down with it Saturday so my fingers and toes are crossed that we're almost out of the woods.  On the off chance that life continues to happen, I'm posting an overview of the week so there are no excuses for not getting the work done whether or not I am here.

Today we are literally reading a graphic guide to writing.  It's called Understanding Rhetoric and I think any of you truly headed for college might consider grabbing a copy or checking one out of the library.  Many colleges use it as their freshmen year textbook.

Tomorrow, we will be watching a TED Talk.  I'll post it early if I won't be at school.

Wednesday you are to bring in notes of anything and everything you've researched about Frederick Douglass including images of his book cover photographs (specifically 1845 and 1855).  We will have a class discussion on what you see and what you think it says.

Thursday there will be writing.  Check out the prompt here and do as much pre-work as you are motivated to do.  If the link isn't working, simply google AP Language Released Exams and check out Question 1 Synthesis from last year 2014.   We will spend class time on Thursday responding to the prompt.  NO COPIES WILL BE MADE in an effort to save trees so do some prep work!

Friday is SAS.

And next week are class presentations.  IF YOU DID NOT SIGN UP TO PRESENT, your project (including all research, notes, work, final products, etc.) is due in class on Monday!

WASC visitors will be on campus next Monday - Wednesday so make sure you know "The Pointer Way".


  • Critical Thinking
  • Effective Communicators
  • Responsible Self-Directed Learners and Workers
  • Involved Citizens
I actually like them as they are the pillars of what we are trying to do in class.

Sorry for the long post but see me with questions and hopefully I will be here all week to answer them because that means everyone in my precious family is healthy and happy.

p.s. - HERE is that radio show about the private schools and public schools.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hope everyone in your family stays happy and healthy, hope to see you this week Beltran!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was spelled nemonia, but anyways if my bio textbook was written like that I might actually enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today during track everyone was crowding around the water fountains and I felt as if we were animals flocking to a watering hole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your daughter doing? I hope she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete