Friday, June 7, 2019

Goodbye Periods 1 & 2

Dear Periods 1 and 2,

First off, thank you to those of you who physically showed up.  I not only notice that, but I appreciate it as well.  Thank you for walking in all those months ago and staying and giving me and the class a chance.  I hope your experience was a positive one, and that you learned more about the kind of person you are and want to be than whether or not an Oxford comma is needed.  Both are important, yes, but I think one holds more value if you are to live your version of a "good life".  Besides, you can google that grammar sh#t.

Secondly, thank you for allowing me to fulfill my own version of a "good life".  I have a life of abundance and magic and love, and I am grateful every day for the opportunity to use my talents in service of a greater good.  I'm not perfect, and we definitely had good and bad days, but I truly embraced each moment for what it was and what it could teach me.

Finally, the concept of love and light.  I told a few of you this today, but those of us with tattered hearts (all of us, right, but some hide it better than others) have these little cracks caused by life experiences.  The light gets in through those cracks.

Before my first day teaching, way back in 1998, my mother gave me a card that said I was going to do a great job - that she was proud of me - that she loved me more than she could ever say.  A week or so before she unexpectedly entered the hospital in 2016, I forwarded her an email from a student who thanked me for inspiring her.  One of the last texts I received from her said, "I am so proud to be your mother."

I try to make her proud in my intentions, actions, and the manner in which I carry myself.  I hope I did right by you and that she's proud of me still as we close the door on our time together.

Love and Light to you,
Beltran

P.S. - If you want your Empty Your Cups I will have them for you Monday.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment