Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Perception Is Reality

Thanks for a nice day in class, lovelies.  I so appreciate what you are bringing to class and I look forward to it all just getting better and better and better.

Today we were introduced to The Circle Thingy and the ways we see, as in the filters we see through each moment.  (DNA, Upbringing, Environment, Experiences)  You also got a taste of what class chats are like and what "A" quality notes look like.  Oh, and don't forget the Rhetorical Triangle.

Tomorrow you will be checking out your textbooks.  (Have your paper schedule and your id.)  As such we won't be having a teacher led lesson.  You will be expected to get your books and then upon your return to class, write on the following prompt:  You learned yesterday about the filters we each have as humans that influence the way we "see".  How do YOU see?  

Start thinking tonight about what you want to say....what your answer is.  Your written work is due on Friday (period 3 is due Friday or Monday) and I will be eager to hear from volunteers willing to share their answers in front of the whole class.

See y'all tomorrow!

Love and Light,
Beltran

Today's Song:  "Waiting on the World to Change" John Mayer

6 comments:

  1. The things I learned in the class were so useful. Today Posternack mentioned The Circle Thingy in class. Also, I already have used the Rhetorical Triangle multiple times this year and it we're only 3 days into school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your class today actually ended up coinciding with my section of APUSH, where we also talked about the lens through which we view events. It made for a nice connection, and really made me think about what my own bias is. Looking forward to this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're class is so much more fun than all my other classes already, like it motivates me to get up in the morning (and I'm really not a morning person). Thank you for that, I'm really excited for tomorrow's class and many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And when you trust your television
    What you get is what you got
    Cause when they own the information, oh
    They can bend it all they want"

    Fake news?

    ReplyDelete