Thursday, August 25, 2016

Grateful

Dear Tribe,

I am grateful this evening - ever thankful that I get the honor of being a teacher at PLHS.  Most people wouldn't believe me if I said that I feel lucky to teach in an oddly shaped room that has sketchy air conditioning in a building that has a leaky roof.  But I am, in fact, grateful.

I ran into a former student of mine the other day.  He happened to be leaving a restaurant as I was entering and he held the door.  When we passed each other, and shared that moment of recognition, I felt a shiver down my spine - that tingly vibration that reminds me the universe conspires on my behalf.  I taught him when he was 14.  Now, a 25 year old man, he still had the same smile he had over a decade ago.

Each year that I am gifted, my circle grows, those waves ripple and I realize that I play a small role in a lot of people's lives and I love it.  I love knowing that I contribute.

So to all my former students, from Fondren to Reagan to KIPP to PL, THANK YOU for allowing me to do something I love every single day.

Love and light (and lots of caffeine),
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. this buttercup is grateful to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grateful to have had you as a teacher! Also grateful for happy vegan salad ;)❤️

    ReplyDelete