Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Gallon of Truth Tea

I've received such kind emails from some very intuitive students who are wishing me and my family well. But, because of my inability to share my deepest hurt, some emails I've received are full of excitement and joy about my "fun" trip to Texas.

The truth is my mom was admitted to the hospital on May 11th with what was thought to be pneumonia. On Tuesday, May 17th, the news was not pneumonia but cancer. Again. My mom first battled cancer when she was 50, again at 52, and again in 2008 when I was pregnant with Thing 1. She survived it all.

I planned on flying out as y'all know but on Friday night (the 20th) my mom went into respiratory failure. My sister called me from the ICU with this news and the advanced stage 4 of her cancer.

I arrived in Texas Saturday as early as I could and have been sitting bedside with my mom since. My sister and I eat here, sleep here, and with the exception of a shower at our mom's house, basically live at the hospital.

Today is my mom's 4th day in critical condition in the ICU.

So there it is. My current reality which is basically a nightmare.

I don't know when I'll be back. I just know that I can trust you to do right by me. I know I've earned that.

All my love.
Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment