Thursday, January 29, 2015

Guess What I'm Doing...

...Reading.

I have a pile of laundry to fold, lunches to make and the season finale of "Parenthood" (cry) to watch, but I am reading because it feeds my soul.

I wish for each of you a kind of "soul food" in your life...

Thanks for being present in the PAC.  That was a very interesting experience as I attempted to wrap my head around how high stakes high school is these days.  A sweet student of mine (and an awesome classmate of yours) asked me a question about one of those pesky standardized tests I took way back when.  My answer reminded me of simpler times when a test did not determine your fate, when boys (in my case) still called to ask you out over the phone (one that was not mobile or cellular or in my pocket), when college was for some and not for all.  I'm rooting for you, lovelies.  I really, really am.

Back to my book.  Last line I just read?  "We do not need an idea of how the world was created in order to take care of one another." page 66

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Articulation today made me realize how long the days are but how fast the year is going. Its crazy to think that I'm going to be a senior and after that its off to college

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read some of The Santaland Diaries last night. David Sedaris is a good time.

    ReplyDelete