Monday, October 21, 2013

Maybe I'm A Little Afraid of Being Wrong

Why hello there.  Where the heck have you been?  Sorry I've been absent for so long - nothing much to say so....Just reading through your letters and I am finding a common refrain - fear, afraid, scared, worried, what if I'm wrong?  I get it.  So here's the tightrope walking between parenthood and teacher status - love is the same no matter what.  I get disappointed, angry, frustrated, upset with my IRL (in real life) kids but I always love them.  Same goes for you.  Mama love is fierce, and I have the distinct advantage of knowing so.  If you mess up, do something "wrong", have bad manners, etc., I will call you out for that and pause...pause to remind myself of the beauty you are all you have to offer.  Pause to remind myself you are JUST KIDS and I am the adult here - stuck in between all the ages I've ever been (zero to 37).  But let's get real...you have to get over your fear.  Know you are loved no matter what but that isn't an excuse to lose your mind, take from others without contributing anything. Walk into your fear, your wrongness, your I'm not smart like they are.  You're not.  So learn.  Read.  Become better.  I dare you.

"The rhythms of life provide consistency; the best ones also offer connection." ~Kim John Payne

L.O. - Pick a word.  Write on it.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment