Saturday, July 29, 2017

Top Ten

Hi, lovelies...it's been a while.  I hope you are all well and enjoying the fruits (both literally and figuratively) of summer.  It's been a good one over here in my neck of the woods.

Travel has been consuming our days and the magical minivan has logged 2,000 miles.  CK was right when he said we should all get outdoors.  It soothes the soul.

As such, I've been "off the grid"...just opened my laptop today to write a few emails and this here bliggity blog bit.

Top Ten Things I Learned While Being Off the Grid

10.  I actually enjoy being on a boat.  Who knew?
9.  Falling asleep is way easier when my brain isn't all "woke".
8.  I still want to own a bookstore someday.
7.  I still want to write a book someday.
6.  My husband makes me laugh...
5.  ...as do my kids.
4.  Late nights on the deck with friends is one way to change the world.
3.  I can eat my weight in grilled corn.
2.  Selfies aren't art (at least mine aren't).
1.  The world keeps turning with or without you.

"Life and death are of supreme importance.
Time passes swiftly.
Opportunities are lost.
Awaken.
Do not squander your life."
-Thank you, MS.

LOVE and LIGHT,
Beltran

P.S. - Congrats to all the AP exam test takers...I saw your scores.  Not bad at all for such an "unconventional" classroom.  :)

17 comments:

  1. Being off the grid is nice, but how I've missed reading the blog posts <3. Also, cannot wait for the future book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing your wisdom! Hope your beautiful family is filled with joy this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally read your book! I've escaped from the craziness of SD to Ann Arbor, MI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone should have a off grid summer! I just got back from cuba where there was no such thing as wifi or internet. I thought I was going to die but it was the best and most eye opening time of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll donate my collection of Tom Clancy books to the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being off grid can be nerve-racking but it can also be the most eye opening experience ever. I hope you and your family have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to this book of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's jaw dropping just how "off the grid" can indeed be the sweetest fruit of all. Wishing your family the best in the short time we have left of these blissful sun filled moments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also
    LISTS!
    Yay literary techniques. I am actually qualified to harshly edit people's essays, rest in peace my freshmen seminar peers with "CB Mason K. Brown" on your papers.

    Look at me now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MUSIC RECOMMENDATION
    Seafret,
    UK duo with the right blend of folk and suspiciously familiar accents.
    The singer has great hair.

    Top tracks:
    To the Sea
    Wildfire, with great music video
    Atlantis
    Give Me Something
    Blank You Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Add "Breathe" to that list. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know about you but my selfies are definitely considered art

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you open a bookstore can I work there ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I traveled to Oregon in my sisters new subaru and we saw the redwoods, and spent a lot of time together.

    ReplyDelete