Monday, April 18, 2016

Timed Write

I know.  Sorry to make you write on a Monday.  Yuck.  It's all over soon though - the test prep I mean.  I'll have your essays back to you Wednesday.  :)

As a reminder, Friday's SAS is all about Current Events so make sure you have something that fits under that umbrella.

And if you are looking to feed your brain some quality "stuff" before the test, might I suggest reading a couple things from The Norton Reader?   Check out Joan Didion's piece "On Going Home" (page 9) and if you haven't read Jonathan Swift's satirical piece "A Modest Proposal" you can find that on page 499.

Book wise, a short oldie but goodie is Animal Farm  or even 1984 by George Orwell.

But like I said in class, either you've been connecting the dots since September or you not.

See y'all tomorrow for TED Talk Tuesday.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment