Thursday, April 28, 2016

Musings

A fabulous student in period 3 suggested reading William Faulkner's Nobel Prize Speech and I found it referenced on Brain Pickings so if you're interested...Massive shout outs to the period 7 group whose study sheet is gold.  The final line in their chart was essentially that everything is interconnected.  And I spilled my secret to one of them...so I'll share with you too. When I sit in my empty classroom in August I do something called "backwards planning" - beginning with the end (in this case, the AP test, in mind).  When I sat alone in room 853 back in August of 2015, I wrote on my paper...Interconnectedness:  Everyone & Everything.  I am so beyond pleased that she (and many of the rest of you) see now what I saw then.

On a different note, I have many thoughts on the amount of work and effort some of you put into this class.  Nothing personal but finishing your work in class like 10 minutes before it's due is a bit lame to me.  I see so much and sometimes it hurts more than my eyes.

Tomorrow's SAS is an OPEN TOPIC so I fully expect all of you to be prepared to share.  This is your LAST OPPORTUNITY before the end of the 6 weeks to share a SAS (remember that next Friday's is devoted to Create Something 2.0).

I'll see y'all tomorrow.  And seriously, massive shout out to that trio of girls, to my lunch buddy today and for all of you who let me borrow pencils.  Oh and to that row in period 4 (you know who you are) who heard all the things I was muttering.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment